Thursday, November 09, 2006

Unaddicted...

I have been addicted to Age of Empires since 1999, and have enjoyed each and every release of this magnificent game, starting from original Age of Empires (AOE), Rome expansion to AOE, AOE2, Age of Kings expansion, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, Titans expansion to AOM and finally AOE3. I've spent countless nights playing each of these with friends in multi player mode as this has been my major pastime for many years. Winning a game gave us the ultimate high, and losing a game felt worse than slipping assignment/project deadline.

But suddenly, playing AOE lost it's charm in beginning of this year. Since then, I have been playing lesser and lesser, and now I've not played a single game in last 3 months. Today, I discovered that The WarChiefs Expansion to Age of Empires 3 have been released, few weeks back. The very fact that I did not know of of this release is proof that I'm outgrowing AOE. And even after knowing it, I'm not having any desire to try it out. Finally, I'm unaddicted of AOE. Hurray!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Games are made to play, its not like that the way you are feeling right now.

We need the time & space to play the game , earlier you have both the things time & frineds to share the same thouhgt with you.

Secondly, now you want something bigger & more from life to enjoy as per ypur cheanged priorities